Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery services borrow items from other libraries for you to use.
Here's a step-by-step breakdown:
- Search ALICE. If Ohio University owns the book, note the call number and location and go get it!
- If the Location part of the record in ALICE says Library Annex or some other OU campus, click on the purple Request button and complete the form. You will get an email when the book is ready..
- If we don't own the book, click on the Search OhioLINK button.
- On the OhioLink record, click Request It.and complete the form. You will get an email when the book is ready.
- If no OhioLINK libraries have the book, login to our Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery system (ILLiad) and request the book there.
- You will be notified by email when the book arrives, which may take several weeks.
1. Paste the article title into Articles Plus to see if we own the article. Click Get full text in HTML or Get full text in PDF to see the whole article.
Here's an example: Ekphrasis and the writing process. Krauth, Nigel, Bowman, Christopher. New Writing: The International Journal for the Practice & Theory of Creative Writing, Feb2018, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p11-30, 20p.
Get Full Text in PDF (1.3MB)
2. Get full Text by itself usually means the article is available, but you have to click to another database to see it. In 2 or 3 more clicks, you should have the whole article. Ask for help if you can't find it!
3. If we don't own the journal or article at all, login to Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery system (ILLiad) and request the article there.
- We will ask another library to scan the article for you.
- You will get an email telling you to login again to your ILLiad account and download the PDF from there.
- Please note: you cannot request journal articles via OhioLINK!
For other types of research materials, Ask a Librarian for help!