The CRAP Test
Evaluate Sources with these Criteria:
Currency, Reliability, Authority and Purpose/Point of View
- How recent is the information?
- Is it current enough for your topic?
- Is content of the resource primarily opinion? Is is balanced?
- Does the creator provide references or sources for data or quotations?
- Who is the creator or author? What are the credentials?
- Who is the published or sponsor? Are they reputable?
- Purpose/Point of View
- What is its bias / purpose? For whom was it written?
- Is the creator/author trying to sell you something?
(adapted from LOEX 2008 wiki)